Confident, professional, creative, evangelic and inspiring were a few of the words used to describe our end of year talks at the Grand Masters Mixer, yesterday. In short, fast paced talks introduced by the wonderful Gillian Easson from Creative Dundee, students past and present shared the fantastic work they have been doing this year.
A wide audience from government, UX, software development, retail and transport, public health, social work and education discovered how Design for Services is the glue that connects service providers and users.
We were delighted to welcome:
- people who have supported the course throughout the year through challenge bank projects, giving generously of their time and expertise,
- Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design staff who have supported the students through an intensely challenging year
- alumni from the Master of Design Programme who helped us develop the new Design for Services course by proving they could carve out new careers as service designers
- the Class of 2015 who were inspired and terrified in equal measure
- the two Vice Principals and several Deans who came to hear how learning and teaching at the University of Dundee has a profound impact on transforming the world
- the employers who came along to see how service designers can work with them in the future
- the genuinely curious people who came to discover more
Thanks to everyone who came along, and especially to the Design for Services Class of 2014, who are now off to transform the world.
You can read more of the comments here
If you would like to be kept up to date with future events from Design for Services you can subscribe to our blog by e.mail, or contact Hazel White firstname.lastname@example.org to join our mailing list.