We are delighted to announce that the Dundee Service Jam is being sponsored by findmypast, a DC Thomson Family History company. Recently we have been working with findmypast, as part of our masters courses to understand how people use the DC Thomson Family History online resources and explore how people could use them in the future.
Findmypast’s sponsorship the Jam, part of the worldwide, Global Service Jam will provide materials, sustenance and a convivial atmosphere for this weekend’s event.
As the founders of the Global Service Jam explain:
Participants work through a whole design process in one weekend. Whether you are experienced or completely new to the field, you won’t just be talking about service design, you will be working with others on developing
concrete ideas and designs which could become real.
- You will learn more about a design-based approach to problems
- You will pick up a load of new ideas and work practices.
- You will meet a lot of cool people at all levels of experience.
- Your work and ideas will be reviewed by your peers, and presented to the world, where they can be seen by potential customers or employers, or people who could make them real.
- You will design something that may become a real business.
- You might get rich and famous.
- You will certainly have a blast.
To join the Jam in Dundee – get your tickets here and follow the action at #gsjdundee